GCSE and A-Level Exam and Assessment Results
Key Stage 4 Results 2016
There were 141 students in the year eleven cohort. Of these:
- 68% of students achieved Grade A*-C in their GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths (Best Entry)
- 65% of our students achieved Grade A*-C in their GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths (league table rules). This differs from the percentage published on the Department for Education school comparison site, as 4 students were not actually in that year group at Trinity, and a number of students have had their grades lifted as a result of appeals.
- 14% of our students achieved the English Baccalaureate. This includes Grade A*-C in all of the following subjects: English, Maths, two Sciences, a Humanity (Geography or History), and a Language (French, German or Spanish).
- The Progress 8 score of this group was -.11, with a confidence interval of -.29 to +.08. This places Trinity Catholic School in line with the national average, alongside 35% of other schools.
- The Attainment 8 score of this group was 49.44. The England average is 48.2.
- We are very proud of our record in ensuring that as many students as possible stay in education of move onto employment. 98% of our year eleven cohort are in education, employment or training, which compares favourably to the national average of 94% and the Warwickshire average of 95%.
The Department for Education maintain a portal for comparing schools- https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/125756. As the most recent data is provisional and does not include pupils removed from the school or successful appeals, there are some discrepancies in the data that are explained above.
Key Stage 5 Results 2016
- A Level Results % A-B = 49.5%
University Destinations 2016
First Preference – 73%
Oxbridge – 3%
Russell Group – 33%