I am writing to share with you some key dates for Year 11 :
- Wednesday, 28th March: Deadline for Hoodie payment.
- Monday, 30th April: Deadline for Prom payment.
- Monday & Tuesday, 7th & 8th May: Emptying lockers & key return.
- Wednesday, 9th May, P1: Leavers Mass. (TBC)
- Monday 14th May: Exams begin.
- Thursday 24th May: Final day of students attending normal timetabled lessons and wearing uniform. Ties & Blazers asked to be voluntarily donated and gratefully received. 6th form uniform rules after this date.
- Thursday 24th May, 2:15pm: Y11 leavers’ assembly (After RE exam. Students go home straight after.)
- Friday 25th May, 11:30am: Hoodies handed out after the English Lit exam. Teacher Training Day. Students only attend exams on this date.
Prior to Friday 25th May, students attend either an exam or their scheduled lesson. If students have no more exams in that particular lesson, revision for other subjects will be supervised.
After May half term, Y11 are on study leave and only attend compulsory revision sessions (TBA by Amanda Woodward) or exams.
During Study Leave, students will be expected to adhere to the 6th form attendance rules; if the students leave school before 3.15 on any given school day, they must sign out of school in reception if they wish to go home early and study at home.
I would be most grateful if students would donate their blazers and ties to the school to help the children of families on low incomes. Last year we managed to collect in well over 100 items, all of which have since been used. I would be very pleased if we could at least reach this target again.
Students are also looking forward to their prom on Friday 6th July at Honiley Court. This promises to be a wonderful evening and an excellent reward for all the hard work put in by students. We have encouraged students to arrange transport home (from 11pm) prior to the day of the prom.
Finally, it has been a privilege as Head of Year to lead this year group. They are a year group full of character, talent and ability. I wish them every success in their forthcoming examinations and in their chosen pathways post 16.
Please do not hesitate to contact myself or our tutors if you feel that we can offer any further support to your son/daughter, or if you need to talk through any issues.
Head of Year 11