Trinity Catholic School are now using Office365 and Microsoft Teams to deliver online learning
To find out what this means, you can view a video from Head of School Mr Shires, here which outlines how we will move towards online learning with these platforms, and important information on when students are expected to be online.
How to login to online learning:
Students need to login to their Office365 accounts at office.com – here they can download a free copy of Office365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams etc) to use for learning at home. There are versions available for PCs and Macs. If your child has a tablet or phone, you can download the apps from the app store on your device. Alternatively, you can login at office.com and use everything through the web browser.
If you do not have a device, or are struggling for data or access please contact the school for assistance.
Student’s usernames are in the format: email@example.com
Where the number is the year students joined Trinity – followed by your firstname/lastname. Passwords will have been shared with parents and students via usual contact methods
- Year 7: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 8: email@example.com
- Year 9: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 10: email@example.com
- Year 11: firstname.lastname@example.org
The WeLearn accounts will no longer work, and students should not login with these. Students must make sure they log out of all WeLearn accounts, before attempting to use the new credentials.
As part of Our Lady of Lourdes MAC, we have access to the Lourdes IT Help Desk – you can use one of the following ways to get support:
- Phone – Monday to Friday 7:30am – 5pm – 01527 359 999 Please note our lines are extremely busy, please hold on the line and a tech will help ASAP
- Email – email@example.com – please let us know that you are calling about Trinity as we support multiple schools
- Help portal – https://help.lourdesit.org.uk